Originating from the heart of home kitchens, these beauties are all about simplicity meeting flavor. Small potatoes, enveloped in crispy, smoky bacon. The spuds turn tender, the bacon cooks to perfection - it's a harmonious marriage of textures and tastes.
You can serve them just as they are, toothpicks and all, for a delightful finger food experience. Or, if you're feeling a bit more formal, remove those toothpicks, and they'll elevate your meal as a side dish.
- 8 bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- 16 small potatoes
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Prepare Potatoes: Take small potatoes (you can leave the skin on for extra flavor) and rinse them thoroughly. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap with Bacon: Take a slice of bacon and wrap it snugly around each potato. Secure the bacon in place by inserting a toothpick through the ends of the bacon and into the potato.
- Arrange in Baking Dish: Place the bacon-wrapped potatoes in a baking dish. You can use a glass or metal dish, but make sure it's oven-safe.
- Baking Time: Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for approximately 40 to 50 minutes. Keep an eye on them, and when the bacon turns crisp and the potatoes are tender (easily pierced with a knife), they're ready.
- Serve: Remove the toothpicks before serving. These Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes make a delicious appetizer or side dish.
- Enjoy: Serve them hot, and enjoy the crispy, bacon-wrapped goodness!